It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....



Arthritis Message Board


Arthritis Board Index
Board Index > Arthritis | 0-9 A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z


According x-rays and MRIs, my pain is due to "a little arthritis" in my hips, back, shoulders, feet, and hands.
Whatever.
Advil, Tylenol, and Aleve don't work.
Celebrex helps a little, but I also have acid reflux.
Lyrica gave me relief, but my insurance company wants me to switch to Neurontin/Gabapentin, which is not working.
My pharmacist said for 90% of people, Lyrica and Neurontin are the same, but the other 10% don't metabolize the cheaper Gabapentin.
Now I'm wondering if Neurontin is better than the generic Gabapentin.
*sigh*

Has anyone used these or other meds and had this type of experience?
I tried taking more of the Gabapentin, but my hip still hurts.
[QUOTE=seligdc14;4982251]Have you been tested for Ankylosing Spondylitis? I take 6 gabapentin a day. They dont seem to help much.[/QUOTE]I looked it up and it seems similar to arthritis, but then there are so many painful conditions labeled "arthritis" that it seems to be almost a generic term--kind of like fibromyalgia. Maybe in another 10 or 20 years they'll know more.





All times are GMT -7. The time now is 12:17 AM.





2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved.
Do not copy or redistribute in any form!