It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Message Board

Cerebral Palsy Board Index
Pages: 1 2 Showing 1 - 20 of 49 for adult cerebral palsy. (0.002 seconds)

... I cannot locate a physician in the Atlanta area who treats adult cerebral palsy. On the other board someone mentioned Dr. Vito in Georgia. Can someone please identify this man? ... (1 replies)
... facilities that specializes in adults with cerebral palsy. Over the weekend, I was on my health tap app on my phone. ... (13 replies)
... I would like to know how many here have adult children they are caregivers for? ... (0 replies)

... I see you are in MA. I am too. It is very difficult to find doctors here that treat adult CP. ... (4 replies)
... I was hoping to find a specialist in adult CP to ask some questions and see if there is any experience with pain from surgery in people with CP. ... (4 replies)
... My daughter is 24, and more severely impaired than your mother-in-law; however, we found Xanaflex worked much better than Baclofen to control her spasticity. I took care of her for 21 years at home, without help. Eventually, she moved to an assisted living facility and is now in a group home, as independent as possible. PLEASE don't be afraid to seek outside help for her. ... (1 replies)
... My mother in law has Cerebral Palsy, it happened when she was still in her mothers womb, oxygen was cut off. ... (1 replies)
... He works out 4 days a week to keep active in an effort to keep his mobility from getting worse and to stay healthy. Also, does anyone know of a Adult CP doctor in the Atlanta area. We've been seeing a urologist and internal med doctor and don't know where else to turn. Any advice would be greatly appreciated. ... (1 replies)
... I am. a 53 year old man trying to find out. about some surgery for my leg and where I could go. to get it (0 replies)
... I still hate Cerebral Palsy! I am not a"ohh this how I was made kind of gal." Nope, I want to still fix it!!! So mom could have been dammed either way. ... (4 replies)
... I think this is the only place we have to share and learn more about Adult CP. Thanks for sharing your story. Sometimes, I wish we had some actual support groups here where I live where we can share and learn more about these things. ... (13 replies)
... I am a 33 year old female with a minor case of Cerebral Palsy in my left leg only. Up until this point, I have functioned almost completely normal. ... (4 replies)
... My biggest concern is that there are no doctors who specialize in Adult CP in Tampa. ... (13 replies)
... we are feeling that adult CP is being ignored. The doctors keep telling us that there is nothing that they can do. ... (4 replies)
... hi i'm a lady of 29 and and was wondering if anyone on here has had surgery as a adult? As when i was younger the orthopeadic consultant I was under refused to do anything, as i would need bone surgery he said he had done it before and it wasn't a success. The only trouble is I am having so much pain now. I got told by one doctor my right hip could break at anytime and hip's... (4 replies)
... t works, honestly. Doctors seem to do a lot of guessing with older people. Your best bet is probably a combination of a neurologist and orthopedist, ideally an adult CP specialist, which as I've said on here is VERY hard to find. ... (26 replies)
Adult CP
Mar 12, 2011
... now something about CP, and who are actually willing to see adults is a real challenge. I lucked into my doctor using a search engine at the American Academy for Cerebral Palsy and Developmental Medicine. ... (3 replies)
... Thank you Gracie10; I have needed this information for ages!!! (4 replies)
... There are at least three places in the US that I have heard about which have specialized clinics for adults with CP. I have yet to utilize any of the clinics for my own needs and can not specifically reccomend one or another but they all have websites and liason specialists to discuss their available services. Gillette, in Minniapolis/St. Paul UCLA Medical Center, has a... (4 replies)
... Where do you live? The Bobath Centre in London specialise in children with CP but they also help adults with brain injury and have a wealth of knowledge between them. If you are not in the UK the centre is online and there is an e-mail address which I am sure someone would be able to help you and give you advice. They are not doctors but they know CP very well and deal with... (4 replies)

Associated Tags: adult, aging, cerebral palsy, legs, muscles

Pages: 1 2

All times are GMT -7. The time now is 10:39 AM.

Site owned and operated by HealthBoards.comô
© 1998-2018 HealthBoards.comô All rights reserved.
Do not copy or redistribute in any form!