It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Acne Message Board

Acne Board Index
Board Index > Acne | 0-9 A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z


The name of the condition you are referring to is called Hirsutism. An overproduction of male hormones can come from two different places: either your pituitary gland or your adrenal gland. Beware of any doctor who does not do the necessary blood tests to see which gland in not functioning properly. You need to determine this is order to be placed on the appropriate medicine.

Some people, like in my case, were born with it. Others can develop it.

If any of you readers do research on Hirsutism and you feel you may have it, you need to seek out the help of an Endocrinologist. I went to many dermatologists and general practice doctors from the age of 12 to about 23 and all tried to treat the acne and not get to the root of why the acne was occuring.

All times are GMT -7. The time now is 10:20 AM.

2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved.
Do not copy or redistribute in any form!