It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....



Acne Message Board


Acne Board Index
Board Index > Acne | 0-9 A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z


You're right D, I guess I do want it to work right away, but I've been using it for 1 month tomorrow and I literally look like a burn victim. I am completely red and now breaking out from the irritation I think. It seems I can't win. My face is red and it looks indented everywhere...not just from acne but from being dehydrated. I really want the azelex to work! I gave the tazorac and cp serum almost 3 months, the spiro 9 months and the differin before that 8 months, even though I knew in my heart that they weren't working. I want off the accutane so much....but its the only thing that has remotely helped. I feel lost. I know I've only been on the a. acid for a month, but if I could see just a little improvement....the sunken pitted skin makes me think that topicals are just too strong. I look almost blistered or something. As I mentioned, I honestly wasn't this dry when I was on the accutane 7 days per week. And I also wasn't quite this dry on the differin....although I didn't leave it on all night either. I swear this is more of an immune system problem or something. I just don't know how to find out. The breakouts on my chin are more in "clusters" or something, almost like tiny rash pimples although it never has itched. I'd say 85% of my breakouts are oil filled and red and the other 15% is maybe whiteheads and blackheads and nodules. I just feel like I may need a break from all of this. I was sooo proud cutting down on the tane..all the while still breaking out and gradually getting worse. I kept trying topicals and the spiro. I just don't know what to think. the a. acid makes sense for what it is supposed to achieve, but honestly, I'm not sure I can use it without applying something to soothe my poor skin. Of course I would do this at a different time of the day, but none the less, it's too drying this way. It's like the top surface of the skin resembles glued scales and the skin underneath is completely red. My skin is so dehydrated that it resembles an orange or something. I want to stick with it, but what good will it do if I'm breaking out from constant irritation? Also, Yes I have tried other things both topical and oral for the lupus rashes. Accutane is the only thing that comes close to helping. I really thought at some point in the past 6 months I'd be able to "fix" this, but my reunion is getting closer and closer and I'm looking worse and worse.
I never even had to moisturize on the accutane course and not when cutting down, but the topicals along with it are maybe too much for me. I feel like I'm stuck.
I did look at the vit. K and willowherb serum and may order and try that. I wish I could find it around here. My skin is so dry..
I always appreciate the advice you and M give to me. I'm sorry I'm such a pain about all of this. The lupus makes things even more complicated I guess. I never looked anywhere near this bad when I was younger. I used Ivory soap and used makeup...never this bad even with that JUNK. But now trying to treat it, its almost like my face is rebelling. I know this is supposed to get the skin in better condition, but I'm afraid I'm literally making things worse. I didn't even over apply it. I haven't used it since Saturday night and I still look burned. The redness and dryness has been getting worse right along. I will say this, I do think it brought some things up to the surface, so I know it was doing something, but now even the healing ones are inflamed red spots because my skin is so irritated. I thought switching to the Azelz was the smart thing to do, but maybe either way it will be too drying. Funny because if I'm getting the oil filled pimples, there must be oil in there somewhere....... :( why is my skin so dry? I think the oil is stuck under the flakes....

I know...another long drawn out post. I wish I could be more optimistic.
M, I hope your appt goes well, and I hope the spiro kicks in soon. It really is a great pill .

L





All times are GMT -7. The time now is 01:50 PM.





© 2020 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved.
Do not copy or redistribute in any form!