It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Acne Message Board

Acne Board Index
Board Index > Acne | 0-9 A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z

Have you considered asking your PCP for a referral to see an endocrinologist. Read "Female Acne and Hormones" by Dr. Geoffrey Redmond. This is what he says about who should treat hormonal acne:

"Many women with marked acne do not get enough clearing with these standard acne treatments. In this situation, treatment directed at the hormonal cause may produce much clearer skin. These approaches are not often used by dermatologists, who treat most acne. If you have persistent acne and want to consider this form of treatment, you may need to see a physician with special expertise in female hormone problems who might be a endocrinologist or a gynecologist. Be sure to check first because not all doctors who deal with female hormones work with acne."

I spent years going from derm to derm without results. Some even tried to blame me for my acne. Had I known about "hormonal acne" I would have gone straight to an endo.

The most important thing is to be persistent. Please don't give up.

[This message has been edited by U4IA (edited 01-11-2003).]

All times are GMT -7. The time now is 05:42 AM.

2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved.
Do not copy or redistribute in any form!