It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Anemia Message Board

Anemia Board Index
Board Index > Anemia | 0-9 A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z

There is also a test called a capsule endoscopy that can look at your small intestines. The upper and lower GI tests do not cover this area and although most GI bleeds are found in the lower and upper portion of the GI, there is a small chance that you could be loosing blood from your small intestine. Given your low numbers and number of transfusion this test would be a good idea to have done. I've had it done twice and honestly it's easier than the prep for the colonoscopy. I would talk to your GI doc about it..... it's fairly new but it's now being used in many hospitals throughout the country. Good luck!

All times are GMT -7. The time now is 05:04 AM.

© 2022 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved.
Do not copy or redistribute in any form!