It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Anemia Message Board

Anemia Board Index
Board Index > Anemia | 0-9 A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z

He told me that this happened gradually and that it was not going to drop back to a 5 blood count in the next couple weeks. He beleived that if it was checked again in a few weeks it would probably be back low again and that the iron infusion would probably be needed then and that the blood I got will hold up for a while.

[FONT="Century Gothic"][COLOR="Red"]DOES everyone else think this sounds reasonable to wait? Any other suggestions based on my blood work etc?[/COLOR][/FONT]

Amanda--Yes, this is correct and reasonable. You are going to need IV and B-12 IM's for the rest of your life if you are not absorbing at all. I would suggest seeing a Hematologist for IV iron. I think they are well versed in the different reactions and types of IV even insurance questions regarding this therapy. Your blood won't drop fast, in your situation it is slow. When my ferritin was a 2 and I was unable to take iron supplements my Hgb would drop 1 point in 6 wks, if that helps at all. As you know your ferritin will need to be repleted and that will take several infusions. Good luck to you. FLFLOWERGIRL:)

All times are GMT -7. The time now is 12:27 PM.

© 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved.
Do not copy or redistribute in any form!