It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Asthma Message Board

Asthma Board Index
Board Index > Asthma | 0-9 A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z

A couple of quick thoughts:

First of all, he should definitely talk to the doctor about getting on an anti-inflammatory inhaler like Flovent, Pulmicort, etc. These are steroid inhalers that help decrease the inflammation in the lungs and minimize daily asthma symptoms (vs. Albuterol which is a short term medication designed to help with asthma flare ups). He can take both at the same time.

Second, if he has acid reflux or heartburn he should work with his doctor to get that under control - it can contribute to asthma symptoms and getting acid reflux under control can make a huge difference.

Finally, you might ask the doctor about a leukotriene inhibitor like Singulair - it comes in a pill form and helps stop the inflammation in the lungs.

All times are GMT -7. The time now is 09:20 PM.

© 2020 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved.
Do not copy or redistribute in any form!