It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Back Problems Message Board

Back Problems Board Index

Hi there NaeNae! Sorry to hear you're having problems. I would suggesting trying to get your PCP to give you a referral to either an orthopaedic surgeon or a neurosurgeon. I recently had a herniated disc that was compressing my sciatic nerve and causing me a great deal of pain. I went to an ortho. (that's who my PCP recommended) and had surgery about 7 weeks ago to correct the problem. I am feeling GREAT now and had a wonderful experience with my ortho. But, I have also heard from others who had great experiences from their neurosurgeons. My herniation was in the lower back though--I am not sure which doctor is better for the upper back/neck area. For now, I would say to stay away from a chiropractor, but that's just my personal opinion.
Good luck and I'll be anxious to hear how things turn out for you!


L4-L5 disc herniation
Leg/butt pain for one year
Laminectomy/Discectomy - 2/12/03

[This message has been edited by ddp11 (edited 04-02-2003).]

All times are GMT -7. The time now is 09:45 AM.

© 2020 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved.
Do not copy or redistribute in any form!