It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Back Problems Message Board

Back Problems Board Index

Hi everyone, does an orthopaedic doctor knows everything about spine or should I specifically look for a spine specialist? Do they have any special name given to them? How should I go looking for one? Like, I call up the hospital and ask to see a spine specialist? What if they give me an orthopaedic doctor and I end up like what I had gone thru before? Will a MRI shows things that X-ray can't?

I went to read on HMS (hypermobility syndrome) and thought if I should go and see a rheumatologist... I'm very reluctant to go thru all this procedures of seeing doctors(don't like the way they treat us patients sometimes) and in the end, u get nothing... so much has been spent over the years and I wonder if I could carry on paying all those bills eventhough I could get subsidies. But when you do, they give you a different doctor everytime you go for your appointment! It's like I saw my orthopaedic surgeon and then the 2nd time, it was a different one! Though the nurses said I will get back the same doc, dunnoe if they had made a mistake!!! :confused:

Jo, did you have any treatments for your DDD and collasped disc? And how did you find out that you have EDS? Did a doctor spotted it and told you?


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 09:30 PM.

© 2020 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved.
Do not copy or redistribute in any form!