It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Back Problems Message Board

Back Problems Board Index

Hi all.

In my neverending quest to figure out what the heck is wrong with me - I had an xray done yesterday on my coccyx (tailbone). It is long overdue as That particular pain began w/ birth of my first child (see signature).

I had the xray done - 2 on my back, one on my left side. The girl came back in and I asked her "so, I know you're not allowed to tell me anything, but...I'll pretend I didn't hear.. did you find something funny?" Her response was "well, that's what we were looking at & why we want another pic on your back, to make it darker"

On the order form, the doc had written Lumbosacral Spondylosis. I realize that's not necessarily what they found... but, Can anyone tell me what that is?

I have to call my doc's office tomorrow to have them request fax copy of report. Then, hopefully, someone will tell me what's wrong w/ my tailbone at least.

All other pain will have to wait it's turn. ;)

TIA for any help!


9/22/00 24 hour labor, baby posterior, left tailbone killing me
12/00 MRI - PCP said nothing amiss - but, had to begin taking vicodin
2/8/02 - 2nd baby born after long, painful pregnancy, weight gain didn't help
2000-11/02 various PT + pain meds
11/02 Referred to Neuro
3/03 NEW MRI - shows slight bulge L3-L4,slight DDD, neural foramen involved, Superior aspect S1 and L5 Nerve root involvement -Neuro Refers to PM for ESI
3/03 PM Doc orders ESI
3/21,4/1,4/8 - ESI's no help
5/9 - Discogram - shows Tear L4 w/ significant leak onto nerves, DDD
Performing doc oversedated, False Negative (pm doc & I agree)
New Consult w/ Dept Head Cleveland Clinic 7/8 to discuss possible new discogram/IDET candidacy
7/8-Doc ordered Facet Joint nerve block for 7/29 to rule out/identify as pain generator. If not, new discogram.
Also, thinks tailbone prob is dif issue - wants x-ray - THOUGHT I had one - didn't!! They are ordering.
Hi Linda!

I'm ahead of myself this week.... by one day! Will be thinking of you tomorrow then! ;)

As for my tear... After Cleveland Cl does facet joint injection and we rule that out as the cause of pain - THEN we'll repeat discogram to be sure of the readings. It will be done By the Dept Head @ ClCl, so... until then? We're doing nothing but waiting for July 28th. Don't know how long they'll want to give the F.J. Injection before scheduling DG... probably at least a week but not more than 2? I'm guessing - which always gets me in trouble [img][/img]

Will let you know where we're headed!

As far as waiting til the Clinic reads your MRI? I do NOT blame you. This report for my xray is not very convincing either way, ya know? I look forward to Doc M's take on them.

Take care....


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 01:58 PM.

2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved.
Do not copy or redistribute in any form!