It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Back Problems Message Board

Back Problems Board Index

Hi and welcome to the board! You should definitely see a doctor just to get it checked; but it could be some sort of cyst, or swelling of the muscles in there, or it might even be a hard spot of muscle spasm. Of course I'm not a doc, so I can only offer possibilities that I can think of. I have had swelling in my lower spine above the sacral bones as well as right below where the lumbar spine ends smack in the middle of the spine. If it's something harder that you feel moving around in there, then maybe more of a cyst or's hard to say. Have you tried taking any over the counter antiinflammatories like ibuprofen or aleve? You might want to try a moist heating pad over the area to see if that helps any......If nothing helps & it really concerns you (plus you mentioned having back pain on & off for a while), then you should see a physician. You might even have some pulled muscles or sprain in there.

All times are GMT -7. The time now is 02:08 AM.

© 2020 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved.
Do not copy or redistribute in any form!