It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Back Problems Message Board

Back Problems Board Index

RFA or radio frequency ablation is what my facet injection specialist office said they perform. However after researching the internet i found that a procedure called a facet rhizotomy would be the next logical step in current facet nerve pain from a herniated disk. I have a herniated disk but so far i dont know how much the injection will help... i guess if it does help both of these procedures claim to "burn" the nerve. But the RFA procedure from what i understand is for patients with cancer or who are dying while the facet rhizotomy is made for spinal problem patients... or perhaps they are both the same procedure (which the nurse though). I'm very confused and wondering if either option will help me. I guess my doctor only performs the RFA and not the facet rhizotomy.. anyone had either?

All times are GMT -7. The time now is 10:50 AM.

© 2020 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved.
Do not copy or redistribute in any form!