It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Message Board

Caregivers Board Index
Board Index > Caregivers | 0-9 A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z
Pages: 1 Showing 1 - 20 of 20 for caregivers benefits. (0.004 seconds)

... i have been on the internet for hours searching but there is waaay to much info out there and i cant find anything that pertains to Caregivers benefits. ... (10 replies)
... I don't know of any direct benefits to caregivers. However, I think she might be able to get a break on her income taxes. ... (10 replies)
... I agree with the poster above...if you are in the US....then the only way to get paid to be a caregiver for a child or to take care of someone elses child or someone elses dependant adult...who would themselves pay you. You generally don't get paid for taking care of your own family...unless you have a really non-typical relationship with your husband...and he... (5 replies)

... What type of benefits are you talking about? ... (5 replies)
... if take care of my disabled husband he has cancer and i also have a little one to take care of do i get any benefits or payed? ... (5 replies)
... My sister takes care of my Mom and my disabled nephew and In Home Support Services pay her and she gets medical benefits with it. ... (4 replies)
... Hi, my name is Irma, I stopped working in Nov. of 02. The reason was this, my mother fell and got hurt, not bad but a few bumps on her head and several bruses. I had my boss cut my hours to part time so that I could do what I needed at home before I left for work, since my mother could take care of herself at that time I did not worry. In Nov. 03 I stopped work completly as my... (4 replies)
... Yes down under you do. You have to fill in papers and so do Drs of the one your caring for but yes I don't think its a lot of money but gee we complain down under about things like health but I know from what Ive read really we are lucky as we don't have to have health insurance just to see a dr ive seen on another site I go to where people can't see certain drs because there... (5 replies)
... Wow, I think you'd better all come live in Aussie with me! I look after my Mum (87 and in a wheelchair) and I get a full pension, $350 per week, plus she gets a full aged pension (the same amount), plus I get a $55 weekly allowance to cover medical expenses and respite. And we still complain here, lol. I've been her sole carer for 20 years and have received it for the... (5 replies)
... I'm going to give you a totally opposite answer. My son have very complex and complicated special needs, gets SSI the whole thing, state and federal have declared him severely mentally retarded with lots of medical needs. Anyways we live in Minnesota so I don't know if this applies to all states (but from what I have been told the funds are primarly funded through the... (5 replies)
... To CFLAS, I understand what you said about gov. helping paying for parental care, but if they could come up with some incentives or some help at all, because it does cost them also heavily doesn't it when elderly are put in homes on Medicaid? If there was a program to offset that and make it more helpful for working families to give the care they want to their parents, I... (10 replies)
... I work in Texas as a home care provider for a long time, dear friend. I am paid by an Agency to work for her and provide for her basic needs, such as assistance with getting dressed, showering, etc. I also do her laundry, dishes, and change her bedding, dust, sweep and mop floors, and cook small meals for her. The pay is terrible, but I'm not in it for the pay, I'm in it bc... (10 replies)
... hi so sorry to hear your country dont pay for care of ill person think this is so bad after all most your country is so big and collect alot of taxes,i live in uk and my husband is unable to work due to me having a nuerological disease im 39 i have 2 dependant children age 13,18 my husband claimes for care given to me also looking after the children it helps us so much as i... (10 replies)
... Please check with your County, Town, State government senior affairs offices. They would be the ones who will advise you where to get help. As far as financial help, there is no programs I know of but your mother's mother is entitled to be taken care of properly and with dignity without your mother being the only caregiver. Also get in touch with your church. May God... (10 replies)
... SSI pays a lady to come in and take care of mom for 2 and a half hours a day , 5 days a week. thats all mom qualified for. if she becomes more disabled they can raise it to maybe an hour more a day, but shed have to qualify for it. 2 and a half hours doesnt seem to be alot, but it does help my mom out alot, but then shes not paralyzed , and shes not totally bed ridden yet. mom... (10 replies)
... I'm not sure about the State you live in, but here in California we went through In Home Support Services through Aging & Adult Services. They do pay your family memebers to care for a sick family member. Please check this out. Take care, Gingerly (10 replies)
... My mother, who is in much the same situation, was put on a state program administered by the county that paid a wage to her caregiver. It was part of the "Elderly Waiver" program in that state. After she was qualified for Elderly Waiver, she qualified for a "PCA" (Personal Care Attendant) who could be a family member. The bad part of the program was that they did an... (10 replies)
... I fyou try social sevices they can provide someone to take take care of her and maybe you too.There might be a share of cost but it will be low depending on the care that is needed.In my state(cal) the call it a chore provider but also look into home health aides in your state. (10 replies)
... AS a social worker, I can tell you that there isn't any program that will benefit or pay a family member for taking care of another family member. Caring for each other is the expectation especially when it is family. On the other hand, you can apply for Family Medical LEave (FMLA) through you employer (it's a Federal law) that will allow you to take time away from work and... (10 replies)
... I am not aware of any way to be paid to take care of your own mother. Medicare does not pay for custodial care, only for necessity nursing care if health requires it and then only for limited time. Is your mother an only child? If she has siblings, maybe they would be willing to pay your mom to do their share of caregiving. My parents paid my sister to take care of them... (10 replies)

Pages: 1

All times are GMT -7. The time now is 07:53 PM.

© 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved.
Do not copy or redistribute in any form!