It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Healthcare Professionals Message Board

Healthcare Professionals Board Index

Your friend would need to check with the board of medical examiners for the particular state she would like to practice in (guidelines vary from state-to-state). She will probably need to be certified by the Educational Commission for Foriegn Medical Graduates (ECFMG), which involves passing Step I, II, and III of the USMLE exam. Most states require at least one year of supervised residency training by a program accredited by the Accreditation Council of Graduate Medical Education (ACGME) as the bare mininum for licensure. She would also probably need to be board certified in order to practice in a specialized field such as ENT. Another important hurdle is obtaining the proper Visa to work in the U.S. It's not easy.

I know this is a lot of information, but check the state's requirments first, then go the ECFMG's webiste would be my recommendation in order to get started.

I have a good friend who works as an ENT doctor in Ukraine. She graduated medical school there.
Can anyone tell me the certification process for a foreign certified doctor who moves to the USA and seeks cerification here.

All times are GMT -7. The time now is 08:56 PM.

© 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved.
Do not copy or redistribute in any form!