It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Healthcare Professionals Message Board

Healthcare Professionals Board Index

Hi my name is Melissa and I am 25 years old. I am currently expecting my first baby due in August. My husband is in the military and will be attending cardiovascular tech school in california for a year. I am also very interested in becoming an ultrasound tech...we will have 3 years at ONE duty station once his year of school is up. I have some problems though. I am a certified nutrition counselor but this is a certification, not a degree. I only completed one course of biology in college and thats it. I literelly only have one class of college under my belt. And to top that off, I am horrible at math! I dont even remember taking algebra in highschool. I was great at everything else... had a 3.5 GPA. So I dont know what it takes to go back and if there are diploma schools out there or if you have to have certain college credits etc....can someone clarify for me???? I would greatly appreciate it!
I am not aware that you need any college courses. It depends on where you go to school and what their requirements are. My daugter is a registered sonographer as well as a radiographer. The sonographers I have worked with have all been radiographers first and then went into ultrasound.
I am sure you already know you most certainly do not have to be an RT first but it will be a 2 year course if you are not. If you do not get anyone to answer with more help then I would go down to the nearest hospital and talk to a sonographer. As him or her the questions.
Good luck to you.

All times are GMT -7. The time now is 07:18 AM.

© 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved.
Do not copy or redistribute in any form!