It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Hepatitis Message Board

Hepatitis Board Index
Board Index > Hepatitis | 0-9 A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z

:wave: I have enjoyed reading postings on this board off & on for 3 years now. I almost feel as though I know some of you.
I was diagnosed with Hep C Type 1, three years ago and I am finally about to begin my treatments.
When I was first diagnosed my doctor had sugested I wait for the Pegacy's to become available, then there was a delay in the FDA Approval of it.
Then when it finally became available, :mad: I had to have a hysterectomy, so I had to wait to recover from that. I am supose to begin in the next couple of weeks. I sure could use any advise or suggestions anyone can offer. :)

I would like to give a little background & medical information about myself and ask yall a few questions about my upcoming treatment.

I have Chronic Hep C, Type 1A,
Grade 3, Stage 3-4
Viral load: 3,900,000 Copies/mL
Blood work results: Alt (SGPT)=78 (High), SGT=42 (ok), MCV=99 (High),
Platelets=115 (Low) Glucose Serum =118 (High) AST (SGOT)=63 (High), Hemoglobin=14.3 (ok), White Blood Cell Count =4.8 (ok), Red Blood Cell Count=4.33 (ok)
Liver biopsy results: There is moderate chronic inflammatory infiltrate in the portal triads with interface hepatitis and focal lobular hepatitis. Macrosteatosis is prominent and there is prominent bridging portal fibrosis which is progressing to early mincronodular cirrhosis. Liver is a mottled yellow-tan. :eek:

I am a 46 year old female, I am 5' 9 1/2" tall, and weigh 134lbs.
I have no known serious health problems other than this Hep C.
I currently have a lot of fatigue & moderate pain in my right side.
I am a smoker. I do not drink alcohol or take non prescription drugs.
The only medication I am on is a hormone patch because of the hysterectomy. I will be starting on a antidepressant next week (Lexapro) only as a precautionary measure for the Interferon.

I need to choose from two treatment options right away. :confused:
PegIntron with Ribavirin (or) Pegasys with Ribavirin
I am concerned about serious side effects, and am very concerned as to which one of these two options may be my best choice for a getting a good response and possible cure.
I do not know what the main difference's are in the two. Aren't they both Interferon? I have heard Pegasys was thought to be a little better for type 1, with less side effects. This is a hard decision especially when I do not know the main differences in these two options. I'm so confused. :dizzy:

Can anyone please offer opinions as to which one of these might be the best choice for my type and stage?
Can anyone offer opinions about whether severe side effects are less with one over the other?
Can anyone help me understand the main difference's in these two options?

I would also like to ask what kind of pain/fever reducer do you recommend for the flu like side effects?
I understand that Tylenol is a toxin to the liver and I am afraid to take that on an on going basis.

I have been wanting to ask someone about the time-frame of this disease.
Does anyone know anything about this?
1) How many years would you suppose I have had this disease considering I am at stage 3-4 now?
2) How long do you suppose I will have before I progress to end stage cirrhosis if the treatments do not work for me?

Thanks to those of you who have taken the time to read my thread.
I hope some of you can give me some opinions and advice soon!

Thank you so much! :)

All times are GMT -7. The time now is 12:52 AM.

© 2022 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved.
Do not copy or redistribute in any form!