It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Lupus Message Board

Lupus Board Index
Board Index > Lupus | 0-9 A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z

Re: Help
Feb 5, 2017
Hi & welcome. I'm just a patient, but I think you should see a rheumatologist, definitely. Have you read the sticky posts = permanent info posts? They're the informational posts located just above the user threads. Because you seem to match on at least several lupus criteria---ANA, plus some sort of rash as yet to be identified, plus oral ulcers that maybe are the kind seen in lupus---at this juncture, a rheumatologist would be a much better bet than a PCP, no matter how good. That's imo, of course.

What does your rash look & feel like? (Just curious.) There's a "sticky" on rashes you might read, too. I had the SCLE annular form, and boy oh boy, none of my local doctors, including 8+ derms, recognized it. So that's another argument for seeing a specialist---better odds of learning if your rash is lupus-specific: good rheums know which derms know these rashes.

Lupus can co-exist with other conditions, and it very often mimics other conditions, too. For example, having Raynaud's doesn't rule out having lupus, and thyroid conditions could accompany either/or. So you want a specialist well-versed in all of the "candidates".

Can you see a rheum without a referral? Looking forward to hearing more. Meanwhile, sending best wishes, Vee

All times are GMT -7. The time now is 07:14 PM.

2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved.
Do not copy or redistribute in any form!