It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....



Lyme Disease Message Board


Lyme Disease Board Index


I have posted before - lyme confirmed in knee fluid by Western Blot. Terrible pain and swelling in knees. I finally went to infectious disease doctor who has put me on doxy l00 mg x a day. I am feeling worse. I am so tired of researching this disease, being tossed back and forth from doctors. Just went back to orthopedic cause of pain in knee and he said to follow up with infectious disease doctor. I was referred by this Inf. Dis. Doc. by the former office of a lyme specialist who is no longer in my area, so I assme he is good but just wonder if he should be doing more? I hear of some going to rheumatologist. Are they better at treating this? Or better with more knowledge of testing etc. I went to rhem. before inf. dis. doc. He put me on augmentin 1000 mg. x day for a month and then said it was gone since blood work showed that. But when they drained fluid in my knee, it turned up again so went to infec. dis. doctor. Please help! Dont know where to turn. Should I just wait for this doxy 100 mg. twice a day (he said maybe have to do for a year) to work? Or should I push for iv or stronger antibiotics?
[QUOTE=Ciarra]I have posted before - lyme confirmed in knee fluid by Western Blot. Terrible pain and swelling in knees. I finally went to infectious disease doctor who has put me on doxy l00 mg x a day. I am feeling worse. I am so tired of researching this disease, being tossed back and forth from doctors. Just went back to orthopedic cause of pain in knee and he said to follow up with infectious disease doctor. I was referred by this Inf. Dis. Doc. by the former office of a lyme specialist who is no longer in my area, so I assme he is good but just wonder if he should be doing more? I hear of some going to rheumatologist. Are they better at treating this? Or better with more knowledge of testing etc. I went to rhem. before inf. dis. doc. He put me on augmentin 1000 mg. x day for a month and then said it was gone since blood work showed that. But when they drained fluid in my knee, it turned up again so went to infec. dis. doctor. Please help! Dont know where to turn. Should I just wait for this doxy 100 mg. twice a day (he said maybe have to do for a year) to work? Or should I push for iv or stronger antibiotics?[/QUOTE]





All times are GMT -7. The time now is 05:16 AM.





© 2020 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved.
Do not copy or redistribute in any form!