It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....



Lyme Disease Message Board


Lyme Disease Board Index


well, good news is beginning thursday i halfed my thyroid dose between morning and afternoon instead of taking it all in morning and it has helped much.

and.. thanks to all of you again and again for being the one safe place that i've leaned towards the last few weeks. i don't know when i've isolated this much... and yall have been my haven.

i realized that the fast heart, etc. was tied to upped adrenaline and that thyroid was off... didn't want to change dose right off bat so spent forever researching all the controversery about taking it on empty stomach vs. with meals; once a day vs. twice daily, etc. MAN... is there much up in the air about thyroid meds... not to mention whether one should take artificial vs. natural... my doc put me on armour thyroid and now when i run into other docs, i can really pick up the 'two camps'... 'what is she - a naturalist?', type comments, etc.... like i know! MY concern is whether or not my body is tolerating med!! I'm becoming quite educated on thyroid issues, though, that's for sure. In the process of finding a LOCAL doc to treat my thyroid stuff...

anyway, having 1/2 dose in the morning seems to have helped slow the heart... so much more comfortable.... still not right, can't put finger on it, but throat feels wrong and breathing is wrong... shoulders are constantly in pain, on top, (not frozen part).

So torn, torn, torn,... so many decisions...

I had made an appt. w/ Colquitt in Ft. Worth thinking that dallasmommy seemed to be pleased... I don't choose to badmouth Lufkin doc, but don't see any need to spend an entire day to drive to her office and back. Very draining and very really feel like I'm being roped into 'celiac diagnosis'...

Made appt. w/ Colquitt towards beginning of this whole heart mess, illness jag, herx from hell I've been on and while wading through it, my husband and I begin to seriously consider biting the bullet and seeing Crist. I make the appt. Now my concern is the amount of commitment that is involved in being his patient. The appt. isn't until late Sept. so I feel I have a short time to decide...

He requires a phone consult every two months, an appt every 4 months. As I'm beginning to feel a bit more like myself the last two days, the thoughts of moving to Mexico are again in the back of my mind, and I just wonder how realistic this is to be hooking up w/ crist at this time... I shared my apprehensions with paul thurs evening and he didn't seem too daunted. but really, does it mean staying here and finding more employment?

i guess i can better see living in Mexico and then going on from there to other mission fields, and popping back in to Ft. Worth as needed, where we have a strong support base, it's closer, more familiar, etc. than to Mosourri,... I think much of what I'm hearing is fear, unknown, huge commitment... and the money totally freaks me out... remember, NO insurance. Is it necessary??

And that's not the only front... have several good thyroid doc names that i was actually able to find from internet that other patients have raved about... now to pick one.

and my friend who is a doc finally came through for me with cardiologist referral... it's probably been a hard connection to follow. he is an internist who left private practice last year to open hospice. but is also on, part-time at a cardiology place that his dad opened 40 years ago. they had origninally turned us down last week due to no insurance but upon his recommendation, they will not only take me, but will see me at medicare cost... 50-60% of insured rates.. praise god.

so do i make appt. now... or hold those resources knowing a bunch of money is going out soon to SOMEONE... thyroid and lyme docs... i'm very interested in what happens w/ thyroid doc. really think my adrenal functioning is off... and if tweaking on some of that really helps pulse, etc. great.... and if new tests show babs and i treat it, and can hold off on current cardio assessment, great... i think... torn, ... and in process.

i just want to be wise with our resouces... had the cardio been available when all hell was breaking loose, you bet, i would have been in their 'state of the art' facilities in a flash... i just doubt whether now is a wise time... to hear back reports that are inconclusive, etc., like what ncgirl talks about and then to know how I can let this mess with my mind...

arghh..

i know i need/want to:
choose a thyroid doc and have the option with the list i have of letting it be an internist who can also be my general doc... the guy i saw several weeks ago was so closed to lyme and really not even 'in' fort worth that i don't have a strong connection there... tried him word of mouth...

make decision about cardio

and... get mri on shoulder... quit massage and chiro for last week and i think it's better not having all the nerves stirred up. still don't have range of motion but think i need to know what the heck is truly wrong before i continue to have someone digging on it and keeping the nerves continually fired up... OUCH! supposedly have a frozen shoulder...

and make a decision SOON about crist vs colquitt... that is the heavy one... i feel more weighing on it... paul and i haven't been able to talk since thursday so maybe we can talk more this weekend.... had saltillo mission group over last night to look at photos and discuss follow support with group they ministered to... pretty neat stuff...

well... THANKS FOR LISTENING... send me the bill... oh that's right, we can't exchange personal info... okay, barter system, i'll listen next time. :cool:

please bounce off any thoughts you have... the time and place to get this all out is great but feedback is so welcomed...





All times are GMT -7. The time now is 06:32 AM.





© 2020 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved.
Do not copy or redistribute in any form!