It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Lyme Disease Message Board

Lyme Disease Board Index

Hi Lori, welcome to the board!

How long have you been sick? I know of one Lyme doctor in MI. Would you like his name?

It is very important to see a knowledgeable doctor. Many doctors do not understand Lyme and treat with outdated protocols. Besides Lyme, ticks can transmit several co-infections including Babesiosis, Ehrlichiosis (HME & HGE), Bartonella, and Mycoplasma. Many people who have Lyme are co-infected, and it may affect treatment choice and progress. It is important to be tested for these by a Lyme reputable lab such as IgeneX in Palo Alto, CA.

At a minimum, I suggest getting the Western Blot (IgM and IgG) done and co-infection tests for Babesiosis, both types of Ehrlichiosis (HME & HGE), and Bartonella. IgeneX can test for these. You should also be tested for Mycoplasma. IgeneX does not test for this, but many Lyme doctors use MDL for Mycoplasma testing. The tests can be expensive. Call IgeneX to find out how much they will be.

I believe the results have to go to a doctor. I suggest calling IgeneX to see if they would send them to a PA. PAs are usually supervised by medical doctors, so I think it would likely be okay.

Good luck!

All times are GMT -7. The time now is 04:06 PM.

© 2020 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved.
Do not copy or redistribute in any form!