It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Miscarriage & Still Birth Message Board

Miscarriage & Still Birth Board Index

This has probably been one of the hardest weeks of my life, I had no idea what it meant really when they told me at the hospital 2 Fridays ago that I had a miscarriage. My husband and I were upset, but we felt it must have not been meant to be, and we would try again as soon as we could. They didn't warn us about what was going to happen or really explain anything to me at all. They sent me home and told me to follow up with my dr on Monday. Spotting brought me to the ER and nothing much more happened over the weekend, But when I called my dr, she was no help either, and they told me to just wait until my appt that I already had scheduled for Wednesday (which was set weeks ago for my first ultrasound).

Then Monday night, was when the shit hit the fan. I basically went into labor, with contractions and everything. I didn't know what the hell was going on, or why it was happening, and I was scared. I was in so much pain, all I could do was just lay there and cry. There was very sharp pains shooting through my uteras, and what felt like all over down there. I was so scared, I couldn't even react. If any of the doctors had even warned me that this was going to happen I may have been more prepared for it and dealt with it better, but I just had no idea. So then Tuesday morning, I started having dizzy spells, I was freezing, and felt really bad nausea, and I felt like I was going to pass out. I was afraid I was going to pass out any second, or throw up, or both. So as I leaned on the toilet, I called the dr's office again, and ofcourse my dr was unavailable as usual, so they asked me if I wanted to see a different doctor in the office. I didn't care who the hell I saw, I just needed some help!

The Doctor was really really nice and he did help me feel alot better. He told me I was probably through the worst of it, and he couldn't believe no one had educated me on what was going to happen or given me options of what I could do. He ended up giving me some pills that would basically induce labor, just incase everything wasn't finished. He told me it could get much worse, but then it should finish out within 24-48 hours. So I took them, but nothing much happened as far as getting worse, and the cramps have actually gotten better, although the bleeding was still really bad. I think I pretty much went through the worst of it and finished everything Monday night & Tuesday morning. I was worried, because it didn't seem like the bleeding was getting any better, but thank god, over this weekend it seems to have lightened up quite a bit. The dr did schedule a D&C for me on Monday, just incase it doesn't get better, but now I don't think that will be necessary.

So there is the lowdown of what I have been through. It is kinda nice to talk about it all and share it, it seems like the more I do, the better I feel. I have had a lot of support from my husband, friends and family. And many have shared their stories with me now too. I just wish someone who had gone through it, had told me before hand! I had no ideal what a toll this was going to take on me, both physically and emotionally. But I am starting to really feel better. The cramps are pretty much gone, and my hormones are starting to feel a little more in check ( I didn't even mention the crazy hormones I have been dealing with!).

I think if I had known everything I know now, and was given the option, I would have wanted to get the D&C done from the very beginning, to avoid the immense pain that passing it naturally caused. But thankfully, everything seems to have turned out okay in the end.

All times are GMT -7. The time now is 03:22 AM.

© 2022 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved.
Do not copy or redistribute in any form!