It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Miscarriage & Still Birth Message Board

Miscarriage & Still Birth Board Index

Hello everyone. I am 25 years old, living in the UK (my hubby is British), but I am American. I became pregnant in November, 2006. Around 5 weeks 2 days, I began to bleed red blood. Not a ton, but some. I was sent to get an ultrasound, at 5 weeks, 4 days. They established that there was a pregnancy, but it was too soon to see a baby or a heart beat. When I was 7 weeks, 5 days, I went back for another ultrasound, and they found a heartbeat. My husband and I were thrilled, as I had been terrified that I was miscarrying. I continued to bleed lightly until I was 8 weeks along. I started to vomit continuously at 8 weeks, 2 days, and I was shaking a lot as well. Couldn't stand any kind of heat, and I got dizzy a lot. At one point, I even passed out.

At my 12 week ultrasound, they told me the baby had no heartbeat, and had stopped developing at 9 1/2 weeks. We were shocked. I had a D & C on Jan 26th, 2007. After the D & C, I lost half the blood in my body. I almost had to have a blood transfusion, and I was VERY anemic. They put me on iron tablets to help me get healthy again. Before they discharged me from the hospital, I had another ultrasound to see if they got all the tissue out. They did see remains on the ultrasound, but they decided it was just blood clots that needed to come out.

I saw my doctor weekly, and he monitered my blood levels in order to see if they were rising. I continued to bleed quite a lot, until about 16 days after the D & C. After that, I just had random spotting. On February 20th, I started feeling really ill, like I had the flu or something. I called my doctor, he told me to take come pain relief, and some immodium, as I was having stomach issues. It turned out later that I had an infection in my womb, which as found out later in the week.

Also, I had been fighting to get another ultrasound done, as I was still spotting. The computers had been down at the hospital, due to a virus, so I was unable to get an ultrasound. HELLO, people still get sick when computers aren't working. I finally got another ultrasound on February 23rd, and the ultrasound technician said my uterus looked irregular, and that there was still something in there.

I was admitted immediately to the hospital. They came in, and a doctor explained to me that I had suffered a partial molar pregnancy. They had known this since February 2nd, and nobody did anything about it! I should have been having care as soon as it was found out that I had experienced a partial molar pregnancy. My husband and I were livid at this lack of care.

They were just about to put me to sleep for my 2nd D & C, when a doctor came running in, and said that the main hospital in London, who now was responsible for my case, told them not to do othe D & C until the blood results came back with my hormone level in it. I was very upset, because I had just mentally prepared myself to go through the D & C procedure a second time. I was really scared, because the first time I had lost so much blood.

It came back, that exactly a month after my D & C, that my hormone levels are 48. They should be 3 or under. I am hoping that they continue to drop.

So here I am. I am now registered to receive treatment through the hospital in London which deals with molar pregnancies. I am on 3 different types of antibiotics, which are making me really sick, and I can't wait for this week to be over. I am very scared, as I don't know what will happen next. I am SO worried about my ability to have more children. We are heart broken that we will have to wait for a year to conceive again, as we were planning on trying again soon, until we found out this news of a partial molar pregnancy.

I am hoping that people will start following through, and being more thorough in my future treatment.

I am so scared that this will happen again!!! I know having had a parial molar, that the chances of the tissue growing back or becoming invasive are slim, but I still fear that it will happen! I mean, what are the chances I would suffer a partial molar pregnancy in the first place???

Glad I found this site.

All times are GMT -7. The time now is 05:13 AM.

© 2022 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved.
Do not copy or redistribute in any form!