It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Miscarriage & Still Birth Message Board

Miscarriage & Still Birth Board Index

I opted to wait it out for my miscarriage. I was 10 weeks but had a blighted ovum with growth stopping at 5-6 weeks. He had given me the option of a d&c right away or gave me a weekend to miscarry naturally if not I would need the d&c. The ob said it would be like a heavy period . It definitely was not like a heavy period -it was like 10 periods (what do men know about this anyways?)
I bled alot and had severe back labour. In the end after I miscarried naturally I ended up needing a d&c anyways as there were still products left and they said I would just keep bleeding until it was removed. I had the d&c and it took me a long time to recover.
I was terrified of anaesthesia as I had never been put under. The ob never gave me a choice and said the d&c was necessary for fear of infection. I am glad he made the choice for me. Given the same circumstance again I would opt for the d&c right away and not try to do it naturally. It was very traumatic and very painful. I do not recommend waiting it out to anyone.

Everyone is different on how they react to things. You may very well not have the problems I had and I don't want to scare you. There are many things that can wrong though with pain, bleeding and infection.

Consider the d&c, you will be glad you did.

All times are GMT -7. The time now is 01:42 AM.

© 2022 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved.
Do not copy or redistribute in any form!