It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Muscular Dystrophy Message Board

Muscular Dystrophy Board Index

Re: Please Help
Aug 9, 2007
Hi Mellissa, welcome to the board. Have any of the doctors you've seen tested your son for muscle function loss. There is a blood test that checks muscle enzyme levels, (CPK test), if there is muscle deterioration the numbers will be elevated, this alot of times is the first test they use to check for muscle disease. I would talk to the doctor and see what he says, but if he's having problems with his walking, running, etc., I would think your doc would send his to a specialist, probally a neurologist. No one knows your son like you do, and if you feel that somethings wrong, you should definitely talk to your doctor about it. Not knowing what's wrong drives you crazy! I know, I've been there!!! I have a 4 1/2 year old son, who has a form of limb girdle md. We noticed his walking difficulties early because he has a twin who doesn't have MD, so we pretty much picked up that something was wrong. He falls quite a bit, he always has and he has very bad hip weakness. He has trouble getting up out of the floor and can not climb steps anymore, he crawls up them, he also can not run or jump,... He has about 1/2 the strength that his twin brother has, BUT he has a spirit that is out of this world!!! But like I said, you should definitely talk to his doctor about your concerns, the sooner you know if something is wrong, the sooner you can start treating it.
Please keep us updated on your son's condition
CJ's Mom

All times are GMT -7. The time now is 09:02 AM.

© 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved.
Do not copy or redistribute in any form!