It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Muscular Dystrophy Message Board

Muscular Dystrophy Board Index


Hi. My name is Mark. I'm a 48 year old male with an adult form of Muscular Dystrophy (MD).

First, let me say that I wish you the absolute best in this issue and that your little one ends up being okay.

That said, the blood CPK or CK level is the best place to start. A normal reading is 80-120. Mine is usually 400-500. CK is an enzyme in the muscle cells. If a muscle cell breaks or dies the CK leaks into the blood. The higher the CK level, the more muscle damage can be assumed. Very, very severe muscle diseases can get a CPK or CK reading of 10,000.

If your son does get a high reading you should contact your local Muscular Dystrophy clinic. They will get you in to see a doctor who will help you. There are MDs that are Recessive Inheritance. That is the combination of the healthy mother and healthy father together can result in an affected baby. This is NEVER anyone's fault. It's just nature.

I wish you the best and I hope things work out for your family. Best of luck to you. Post here anytime with questions and I or others will try to give answers. I know it's very scary for you.


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 06:25 PM.

© 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved.
Do not copy or redistribute in any form!