It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Polycystic Ovary Syndrome (PCOS) Message Board

Polycystic Ovary Syndrome (PCOS) Board Index

First of all, you should be seeing a specialist for treatment and not a regular gynecologist. A Reproductive Endocrinologist specializes in hormonal syndromes as well as infertility. A gynecologist/ob may have knowledge of PCOS and infertility, but they DO NOT specialize in either.

Birth control pills are often prescribed in conjunction with other meds or sometimes not at all. It depends on the doctor you're seeing and what treatment method he thinks will be best for you.

The problem with birth control pills being prescribed for PCOS is that bc pills only mask the problems. They do nothing aside from regulating periods. Other meds can provide the exact same thing as well as bring other hormones back to a normal level.

What made your gyn diagnosis you with PCOS? What symptoms do you have? How was your diagnosis made?

All times are GMT -7. The time now is 04:25 PM.

© 2020 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved.
Do not copy or redistribute in any form!