It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Pregnancy Message Board

Pregnancy Board Index
Board Index > Pregnancy | 0-9 A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z

Baby Christian was born Tuesday, September 26!!!!!!

He was 8 lbs. 2 oz. 19.5 in., and his head wasn't as big as ds' thank god! He is perfect and healthy and I'm so in love. So here's how it went....

Sunday I went to Wal Mart to do some last minute shopping and while I was walking around, I started having contractions. By the time I got home my low back was hurting so I laid down and the contractions were around 7 mins. apart. They stayed that way on through the evening and night, but I would have periods where they weren't real uncomfortable, and some that were mildly painful.

Monday morning I was still having them so I went ahead and got ready to go to the hospital. Dh took ds to school, came back home to get dd to take to preschool, and then we left for the hospital. My dr. was there for surgery that morning and we ran into him while being taken up to labor & delivery, and he told the nurse to go ahead and admit me, and we would start pitocin to get things moving. When they checked me I wasn't even quite 2 cm., so I knew I might take awhile.

I was still having contractions when they started the pitocin, but the pit. made my contractions more regular and consistent. They weren't painful anymore, which was strange. My contractions were lasting longer before the pit, so it almost seemed like it slowed things down. By the end of the day I had progressed a little but my cervix was still thick, so they turned off the pit. and were going to put something on my cervix to thin it out so we could try again in the morning. When they turned off the pit, my contractions continued and they couldn't put anything on my cervix until I was having less than 3 contractions in 10 mins. I also had to lie on my left side because the baby's heartrate dipped when I was in other positions (he wasn't responding well when my contractions were a min. apart). Well, being in a hospital bed all day on the same side you can imagine the hip and pubic pain. The nurse suggested giving me stadol so I could relax and that it may slow down my contractions so she could put the stuff (? forget what it's called) on my cervix. I took the shot and it did help - my contractions slowed down and she did the cervix thing - but oh how it drugged me out. I hated it. It was like I was asleep and awake at the same time. The whole night went by painfully slow - I watched the monitor that showed baby's hb and my contractions, and slept for a few mins. at a time. My contractions were getting more uncomfortable and by morning I was 3 cm. and 70% effaced so they started the pitocin again around 6:00. Well, I started hurting pretty good then, so I called dh ( I had sent him home to sleep) and told him he may want to get back because I didn't think I would go all day again.

Things moved pretty quickly from there. My contractions became so intense that I was shaking, which didn't happen to me with ds or dd. My dr. came in around 7:30 and broke my water - I was between 5 and 6 cm at that point. The nurse called the anesthesiologist to give me the epidural - I was going to try and go without, but dr. suggested I go ahead and get it and at that point I didn't care. By the time I was getting ready for the epi, I felt a huge pressure in my bottom and felt the urge to push. My nurse checked me and I was 9 cm. and ready to go. My mom had not arrived with my kids yet and I didn't want to have the baby without them, so they went ahead and gave me the epi so I could relax and not push to buy some time. When the epidural kicked in, it was the most wonderful feeling, because I had not had a break between contractions for a long time at that point. So I was ready to go, but we waited for my mom - she had taken ds to school, and had to go back and get him. They got there, my aunt took dd to the waiting room, and mom & ds stayed in the room with us. I pushed 4-5 times and Christian was here. My son was not going to watch, but ended up looking and was in complete awe. He was surprised it wasn't bloody and was really excited about the whole experience. He's 9 yrs. old and they had me covered except for a small area where the baby comes, so he wasn't traumatized :D

I had a 2nd degree episiotomy/tear, which isn't great but much better than the 4th degree I had with ds. My dr. put Christian on my chest immediately and dh cut the cord. They took him to the little table where they clean him up and check him out and offerred my son to cut some of the remaining cord, but he declined. When they gave him to me again, I nursed and he did great. All of my family came in and got to see him and hold him/take pictures before they took him to weigh, measure, etc. Here they take newborns for a few hrs. before they bring them to your room. I was able to get up and go to the bathroom as soon as they took him, so the epidural didn't have any bad side effects in my case.

Anyway, I had him at 9:39 Tuesday morning, and was lucky I didn't have him at 8:00 while waiting for the epidural!!! I came home Thursday, but could have probably left Wed. It's so nice to be home!!!!!

I'm breastfeeding, so I haven't slept much in the past week, since before I had him I was up during the night with contractions, etc., but other than that everything is great. Other than sore, cracked nipples, breastfeeding is going great. That pain has been the worse since he was born from sore nipples than anything else - the pain from my stitches and my uterus contracting back down is minimal. Hopefully my nipples will feel better soon, but it is so worth it seeing him nurse and knowing I'm creating everything he needs right now.

Sorry to write a book, and I'm sure I left something out but I didn't know when I would get a chance to post again and wanted to give you all the details. I hope you all are feeling good - you really don't have much longer!!!!!

Trooper - hope the bp is better now that you are resting! I can't wait to hear your birth story, I have a feeling you are next....

Enjoy the remainder of your pregnancies, I know you all feel ready to pop, but once they are here you may actually miss feeling them in your tummies.

I'll try and check back soon - take care!


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 02:39 AM.

2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved.
Do not copy or redistribute in any form!