It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Pregnancy Message Board

Pregnancy Board Index
Board Index > Pregnancy | 0-9 A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z

Well, this is an update on my last post about Toxemia. I was advised (by the lovely women here :)) to call my Dr. because of my symptoms. So I did. They wanted me to go up to the hospital and get checked. About 20 minutes after being hooked up to the monitors I started having contractions. They got closer and closer together... (I was getting more excited and more excited) so they decided to check my cervix! I was only dilated to 1cm. I was so mad. Then the contractions got a little bit more intense. So, they kept me for the night. Well, after I ate dinner and drank some they had me walk the hospital for an hour since I wasn't dialated anymore. Well, after that hour the contractions slowed almost to a stop. I was so mad that I was going through all this and then for nothing :(. In the meantime blood is being drawn and heard a nurse say to the other nurse that there was trace protein in my urine. My blood pressure was rather high as well. So, that's another factor as to why they kept me. My doctor came in around 11:00 that night and did another vaginal exam..(just one of the 4 that I had that and still no change. He told me that he was going to wait and see what my contractions did during the night and how my blood pressure did. Then he would decide in the morning whether he was going to put me on blood pressure medication or go on ahead and let me have the baby. (I got out of that statement that he meant inducing me maybe???) Needless to say I had a horrible night! The bed was so hard and I was experiencing excrutiating back and side pain so they gave me 2 Demerol shots w/ codiene. After the second I slept for maybe 20 minutes and then was wide awake again. I just wanted to get up and walk but couldn't because of the pain meds. Finally, morning came and Dr. came in to see me. He checked me again and still 1 maybe 2 cm. dialated. My blood pressure was still elevated. I thought for sure he was going to induce..I think the nurses did too. After a few minutes of standing there looking at me (seeing how miserable I was) he asked if I was allowed to go home would I stay on bedrest since I had an appointment at the hospital for my weekly biophysical Monday anyways. He said that during the NST he wanted blood work drawn again and my blood pressure checked and he would decide then and there what he was going to do. I was so glad to be able to go home!!!!!!! But still a little disappointed that I didn't deliever :(! Although, I was only 36 weeks and 4 days. I think he wants to get me to at least 37 before he does anything. Which isn't to long because I'm 37 weeks tomorrow. But still a little concerned because I was never told whether it was Toxemia or just high blood pressure? Well, just wanted to share, and see if anyone has ever experienced something close to what I did this weekend? I'd love to here your story!!! :) Again, sorry this is so long!

[This message has been edited by qtpie2003 (edited 03-10-2003).]

All times are GMT -7. The time now is 02:45 PM.

2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved.
Do not copy or redistribute in any form!