It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Relationship Health Message Board

Relationship Health Board Index

I've been with my boyfriend 8 years, probably 1 too many. Things were great for years, but last year he things went bad. He has serious drinking/anger problems, to the point where I'm scared of him at times (he's never hit though). I really think it would be best for me to leave him. The problem is we have a 1-year-old daughter together.

He says he wants full custody, though I doubt that he would get it. But when she spends anytime with him w/o me I am worried. He drinks and drives whether she's in the car or not. Once he went the the store and came home drunk with her. I can't trust him with her alone anymore, especially in the car. But I think in court it would be my word against his. The only people who know what a drunk he is is his family, and they're no help to me.
I'll add in the fact that I have no where to take my daughter. My parents don't allow me at their house. I would have to find an apartment (and a job) but it would just take time.

I'm really confused what to do. He's a good dad in that he treats his daughter well. But he has zero common sense and that could be harmful to our daughter. I wish I could just take her away and he wouldn't be part of our lives, but that's impossible.

All times are GMT -7. The time now is 01:49 AM.

© 2020 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved.
Do not copy or redistribute in any form!