It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Reflex Sympathetic Dystrophy (RSD) (CRPS) Message Board

Reflex Sympathetic Dystrophy (RSD) (CRPS) Board Index

My husband's auto accident was in 1992. His worker's comp case has been open since then. WC has paid for about 30 surgeries and procedures since then. (And we have not had much trouble getting things approved.) He has been on total temporary disability since 1998, and was diagnosed with RSD in 2002. So, you see, it can last a long time. Your doctor would need to declare you "permanent and stationary" before the insurance company would be talking about settling. As long as they are actively trying different treatments, they probably wouldn't be using that term yet. My husband was declared permanent and stationary in November 2004. We rejected their first two offers without a lawyer and now have a lawyer working on it. They have to keep paying for everything until you settle. If you can get SSDI, you automatically get Medicare, so you would be covered medically. You can ask for your medical to be kept open through worker's comp for life, so that your medical bills would always get paid. The only drawback in California is that you have to go to a doctor in your insurance company's medical provider network.
Hope this helps.

All times are GMT -7. The time now is 07:20 AM.

2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved.
Do not copy or redistribute in any form!