It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Reflex Sympathetic Dystrophy (RSD) (CRPS) Message Board

Reflex Sympathetic Dystrophy (RSD) (CRPS) Board Index

Thanks for your advice. I have no family MD and only a psyatrist hired by WC who refuses to refer me to any specialists. He believes even tho he does not dispute my diagnosis of CRPS 2 bulging discs and torn miniscus in "non RSD leg" that I just need to work harder to increase my activity using more activity and weight bearing as that is the only treatment for RSD and pain. He has kept me on 3 meds Topomax 100 bid Cymbalta 60mg bid and amitryptaline 30mg at night. I use OTC allieve and motrin but my pain is completely debilitating I use wheelchair or walker and fall 2 or 3 times a month. I have been on neurontin and lyrica and hydrocodone in the past but these have been discontinued I did get some relief with lyrica and over used the hydrocodone but it was helpful in letting me "ignore" the pain??

I have been recommended for gastric bypass (have gained 150# since accident 2 yrs ago) won't do surgery on back because of my obesity and CRPS--won't do surgery on knee due to CRPS I have had referral for spinal stimulator trial buy WC will not approve any of these treatments. I would like to go Out of state to a pan center or something on my own but want to be sure I make a good choice as my family would be footing the bill as no insurance and WC will never agree to it. Idaho has very few specialists ==I am thinking Salt Lake City or Washington but open to any suggestions?? Thanks for listening :confused:

All times are GMT -7. The time now is 03:06 PM.

© 2020 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved.
Do not copy or redistribute in any form!